This flavoursome cauliflower soup recipe is perfect if you’re bunkering down at home for the afternoon as much of the prep can be done ahead of time. I had no idea what nokedli were prior to eating this soup (they are Hungarian mini dumplings that are fried in butter and scattered on top of the soup) but I am delighted they are now in my life.
The following serves 4-6 people, involves around 40 minutes preparation and 80 minutes cooking time.
You will need:
- 110 gm butter, coarsely chopped
- 1 kg cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 2 tbsp thyme
- 1 tbsp Hungarian paprika, plus extra, to serve
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1.5 litres (6 cups) chicken stock
- To serve: sour cream and lemon wedges
- ¼ cup each (loosely packed) flat-leaf parsley and dill
- 150 gm(1 cup) plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- For tossing: olive oil
View the full recipe.