In the latest episode of The Tim Ferris Show podcast, Tim talks about relationships with influential psychotherapist, Esther Perel, whose popular TED talks on desire and infidelity have had more than 17 million views. Esther and Tim cover provocative and important ground relating to sex, love, polyamory, marriage and more in the two-hour episode. Some of the most interesting parts are:
- What comes first: trust or vulnerability?
- In a relationship, is there such a thing as too much honesty?
- Does honesty — or one-hundred percent sharing — equal caring for the other person in a relationship?
- The value of innovation and flexibility over rigid ideology in a relationship.
- Every relationship is a power dynamic.
- Is there an argument for marriage these days?
Listen if: you are in a relationship.