A one pot dish that is healthy, warming and stars one of my favourite vegetables which is now in season: fennel.
The recipe below is an adaption of the ‘Fish with fennel & cherry tomatoes‘ recipe from the Gourmet Pilgrim Italy cookbook. We’ve morphed it over time to bulk up the fennel to fish ratio and salmon is our fish our choice. It’s a great standalone dish though you could serve it as a side dish at a dinner party/BBQ. It also makes excellent leftovers.
The following ingredients are based on two people but you can scale it easily by adding more layers. Prep time is 5-10 minutes and cook time in the oven is 75 minutes. You will need:
- Olive oil
- 1 x bunch parsley (continental/flat leaf) chopped, including stalks
- 3 bulbs of fennel, thinly sliced
- 1 x punnet cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 2 x skinless/boneless salmon fillets cut into 3cm chunks
- Parmesan, grated (approx 50-75g)
- Sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
Read the full recipe here.